Monday, May 02, 2011

Thoughts On 50

I'm 50 today.
Oof.
Fifty.

Here are some things I have learned--perhaps you can take one or two to heart and not have to learn the hard way like I have. I have quite possibly posted these before, but whatevs.

First and foremost, when you learn not to care what people think of you, that is freedom beyond compare.

Listen--listen to people, but mostly listen to God's voice, you'll save a lot of heartache and grief.

Don't listen to Satan's lies.

Never, never buy a brand new car. And, along that line, make your kids drive junkers--they'll learn how to take care of and fix a car--valuable skills.

Learn how to take care of your own car.

Tell your children you love them. Every day. Even if they don't want to hear it. This is a lesson I learned a little later than I should have, unfortunately.

Negativity will get you nowhere.

Clean the bathroom, you never know when someone is going to drop by and need it.

Go to therapy. No matter if you think you need to or not, no matter if you think you can't afford it, it is money well spent.

Dump the pride. Humility rules.

Get a blog. Hurry up.

5 comments:

Julianne said...

Love this. Happy birthday, dear friend.

cmk said...

Happy birthday, you young whippersnapper! You've got several years until you get to my age--and no, I DON'T want to talk about it. ;D

Hope your day has been great.

Carla said...

All very good, momma!

Happy 50, Kristi!!

the fam said...

Congrats on the big 5-0.! (There is definitely life after you hit it.) And two big thumbs up on all your life lessons. I couldn't agree more with each of them and can't even think of much I'd add to such a list. Enjoy your year.

Kara Jo said...

Good wisdom, Kristi. And Happy 50th--wow!