Wednesday, May 09, 2007

What Have I Done?

I agreed to join a friend at a "Body Pump" weight lifting class on Friday at 6:20 in the am. Not that that time of the day bothers me--get real--I've already been up for an hour or two by then. I guess the class itself does not bother me so much as I have taken it before and really enjoyed it. I also really enjoyed the 20+ pins added to by bowling average.
What I am not looking forward to, and I am sure most of you can agreee is the sore muscles. Days after the class you are still "enjoying the effects". Yack! Call me crazy, but I actually enjoy walking up the stairs without pain--I think I remember that experience... I guess which is why I am taking this class in the first place. As the years add up on this ol' bod I am remembering some of my rellies who just sat down and decided that doing any kind of activity was just too much for them. And there they sat. Well, pretty soon everything is just too hard and then you really can't do anything, no matter how badly you desire to do said activities. Then I remember my beloved cousin Randy, who died of ALS at 36 years old. Who wanted so badly to get out of the chair and do something but couldn't. So I will get off my ass and do something. Come to think of it, eventually I will walk (dare I dream--to run) up the stairs without pain, right? That will be a welcome change.

10 comments:

Carla said...

Pump it up!!

erin said...

You said the Ass word.
I wonder what Anon thinks of that...
Sorry. Still a little pissed off.

Kim N. said...

I think the trick is fooling your self into enjoying that pain. Then you can't take too many days off before you go again or you'll start the pain all over again.

Brandy Dopkins said...

Yer gonna be a hotty.

Unknown said...

Um...lets see, what one line from this post can I quote back to you when you need some motivation to keep working out?

idnak said...

You, Hanz, and Franz will all be making fun of the "girly men" soon. I can't wait to see you in your gray sweatsuit. :D

Shauna Loves Chocolate said...

Slap on a smile and go for it!

Maria said...

I have never willingly exercised that I know of. I walk every morning. The end.

I live with an every single day work outter. Now, that seems NUTS to me.

hannahjane said...

hey i wanna come too. wake me up!

Reegz said...

I wish I would've seen you today. I would've squeezed your thigh...HARD! Think you would've dropkicked me? I love that class-but 6:20? That's the middle of the night at my house.