Friday, May 11, 2007

Easy And Not So

These things are Easy:
Sitting in the office chair
Drinking water
Typing
THAT'S ALL!

Things that are Not So:
Getting out of said chair
Getting up for body pump after you have...
--been sitting on metal bleachers for an hour or so the night before
--been up at 3am and not able to go back to sleep until 4:30am
--been lazy as a cow for the last year (moo)
Walking down the stairs after class thinking--with good reason--that your legs are just not going to hold you up for one more step...oof...I had to hang on to the rail with both hands.

I know that I have to stretch and stretch after BP class to maintain non-stiff legs, and I have been hitting the Arnica Montana (homeopathic for sore muscles) bottle a few times today. But I can see the writing on the wall. And that wall is the YMCA wailing wall. Where all "oh so lazies" go to complain after they decide to change the lifestyle.

Hannah and I went to the YMCA and registered for a membership yesterday. I think it important to mention that the lady behind the front desk that signed us up was rude--why that is important, I don't know, but it is to me. Don't get me started on rude people.
Came back at 6:00 this morning and the same guy that was working the desk last night was working this am. I asked him if he missed us. He looked at me blankly and then remembered who we were. Like a doctor calling a patient by their malady, "The heart bypass in bed 113" for instance, he remembered us as the "Three Month Membership". Interesting.
We will be back on Monday for another round. I know it will get easier--I've done this before--but as for now, youch.

3 comments:

Carla said...

Proud of you! Love your picture too!

Maria said...

I am impressed. I walk every day and that is all the working I do. Bing, however, works out religiously every day and swears that she feels better now than she did when she was in her 20's....

So, you go, girl.

Reegz said...

GO KRISTI!!!!!!!!!!