Thursday, April 12, 2007

No, That's My Money!

A very interesting thing happened to me today:

Hannah had her wisdom teeth out in February. The Oral surgeon's office made me pay a hefty sum up front, (and I ain't just whistlin' dixie on the hefty part) figuring my payment on what the insurance was going to pay, and me forking out the rest. In late February I got a statement from the insurance company on what they had paid. Well. They paid waaay more than the surgeon's office figured. So I should get my money back, right? So we waited, and we waited, and finally today I called the oral surgeon's office to find out what the holdup was. I was told that they would check (pun) with accounts payable and see if they owed me money. IF? Hello, lady, THAT, not IF. She said if they did indeed owe me money I would receive my refund within two weeks--what's another couple weeks when you have waited TWO MONTHS, huh?
So I get the mail today and the check is in there. How about that? Shoulda called a month ago!

2 comments:

Maria said...

God...ortho bills. Liv is getting "primed" for braces. I was astonished when her dentist told me that she needed to see an orthodontist! She is SEVEN.

But, we did. And she had two teeth pulled and is not being primed for braces. To the tune of hundreds of dollars.

Ay Yi Yi

kristi noser said...

Sit down, Maria, THOUSANDS is whatcher talkin'--trust me.