Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Four AM Nontertainment

Know what is on TV at four in the morning?
You Can Lose Weight SOOOOOO Easily shows
Kevin Trudeau
Kevin Trudeau
News
Assorted other weight loss/exercise shows.
And my favorite--no not really, but it's like watching a car accident, you don't really want to look, but you can't tear your eyes away--Judge Whomever.

This morning a lady was suing/divorcing her husband because he wouldn't let her go and gamble as much as she wanted, even going so far as slashing her tires when she came home from a four day binge. The bastard.
She had gotten them into $200,000 worth of debt, but was adamant that she was in the right. Because "I win sometimes, too."
Uh-huh, right. Give me a break.

I really have to stop going to bed at nine, or we gotta get cable.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you are talking about, the late-night thing. One night I was practicing my insomnia and came upon that Kevin Trudeau guy. Boy. What a salesman. He could've been a fruit salesman in the Garden, yaknowwhatimean? Anyhow, I did a little googling on his "Weight Loss Cure" book. OHMYSTARS! No wonder the only people that use it are Hollywood movies stars and royalty! We're talking about serious cha-ching to do what he's talking about. Injections of substances you can only get overseas, DAILY colonics (ugh), and the list goes on and on. I'm glad they keep him on late at night. Think of the people that would get duped into buying into that crap if he were on in the daytime!

Oh, and if you don't start going to bed later, you're going to be eating lunch at 9:00, supper at 3:00 and breakfast the night before! :)

idnak said...

Come over to my house - you can watch SCADS of infomercials at that time of the morning. You won't just be limited to two or three!

erin said...

Come over to the dark side, Kristi. Join me--stay up late!

Kim N. said...

4 in the morning is the middle of the night over here. We are not morning people. I am going to guess that you get way more done in a day then I do though. I guess I should "Practice some insomnia" so that I can get my "to do list" up to date.
I too have seen Kevin Trudeau. You got to wonder about a product that royalty and movie stars use. They don't know what hard work is and would rather use an expensive easy way out.

Maria said...

I can't relate. It would take a major house fire to get me out of bed at 4 a.m. I can hardly get up when the alarm goes off at 6.

And is it just me or does anyone else think that the word verification thing is getting it's jollies? My word to type in was grubpube.

kristi noser said...

Kelli--the fact that you used the words colonics and crap in the same paragraph made me laugh.

Everyone--It's not that I WANT to get up at four--although it's nice and quiet, I just wake up then. I have to say I'm a real big fan of getting up at six or seven.

Maria--grubpube--that's a good one! I love it when the wrod verification is something that makes me chuckle.

kristi noser said...

word word word word word word word word word word