Friday, March 09, 2007

No Calls, Please

Most of you know that I don't like to talk on the phone. I talk on the phone as little as possible. I think I've made that clear. Today when I got home from the busy sanity fairy duties and the grocery shopping duties, I wanted a soak in the tub. Years ago someone gave us this huge claw-foot tub. John built a shelf above the tub for the tv, and I could lie in there for a long time. Which was my intent today. I was getting the water ready, and making sure the bubbles were plentiful, and John knocked on the door. I opened it and he was handing me the phone. I put it to my ear and said hello. "Oh, there's nobody there, but I'm going outside and you can have the phone." Poppers said.
I handed the phone back to him and told him by no means was I going to be answering the phone while I was in the tub. My time. My time. He had a strange look on his face, like I was breaking some rule or something.
My apologies to those of you who may have called, but I have my boundaries.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

that tub is my favorite place in this house.

Billiam said...

One MUST have one's time. Mine is on my Vulcan. No music but that of the road, and what plays in my head. No sounds but that of the road and nature. Ah, bliss.

Anonymous said...

That's why God invented answering machines. More power to you. Sanity is more important than an answered phone call. Unless it me....calling....you would...pick up...right? HA!

Kim N. said...

I had a friend who would always talk on the phone when she was in the tub. I always felt a little weird about that. Sheri's right about the answering machines, besides couldn't you get electrocuted if you dropped the phone into the tub?

Mrs. S. said...

I don't blame you a bit..

I love claw foot tubs! My bathtub is about the size of a small hotel room's tub, so I've used it once.. I was terribly uncomfortable too. I wouldn't have done it at all if I hadn't been pregnant with a high fever.. I won't make that mistake again though, that's for certain!

Anonymous said...

Unplug it! :) I do not like phones m'self. Necessary, but intrusive contraptions.

kristi noser said...

C'mon over burg and have a soak!

Mrs. S. said...

Don't tempt me!! :)