Thursday, March 15, 2007

Bad Mommy

Really busy at work today, got in this morning and there was an email that stated that we were to have a meeting at noon. I already had plans with a friend to have lunch at noon, so I called her and told her about the meeting. She said she would still come and spend some time in the nursery with her boys. I told her I would see her after the meeting for a while. I remembered that I was supposed to go in there after the meeting when her boychick came into my office all dressed to go. I can't believe I forgot. Bad Mommy. Sorry Karli.
We had a volunteer come in to help out today and she had been a little "liberal with the atomizer" as Mrs. Doubtfire would say. By the time she left I had a massive headache from the smell. Feh.
Perfume. Let's talk about perfume, shall we?
**If I give you a hug and I smell like you for the rest of the day--and have to endure the headache that goes along with it--I will hesitate to hug you in the future. Which is ok with some, I'm sure. **If you are going to be in an enclosed area for any amount of time ie: plane, office, elevator, THE EARTH, please go lightly on the cologne. **If you think "layering" scents is a good idea, you are wrong. **If you have a scent cloud around you that rivals the dust cloud of "Pig Pen", enough already!
Ok, I'm going to stop now, I'm starting to sound like Jeff Foxworthy.

8 comments:

Maria said...

Agreed. There is something so WRONG about having to have the scent of Red Door stuck in my nostrils all day long after one lunch with someone who must have bathed in it that morning.....

Thanks for stopping by. I took a quick peek at your blog and will take a longer look next time. Long day and I am ready for bed....

Mrs. S. said...

There was this girl who sat in front of me in this one class in high school that bathed in Vanilla Fields.. To this day I cringe at the thought of that stuff! I almost think I'd rather smell a skunk!

Carla said...

You are forgiven. The nursery was a blast. There will be a next time. I love your perfume etiquette.

idnak said...

I totally agree! The overuse of cologne/perfume didn't bother me much in the past, but I am getting more sensitive to it as time passes. In fact, I can tell when one of the managers is in the office, because he leaves a scent trail when he walks to his office in the back.
It's not a substitute for a bath, people.

erin said...

I read a book once about a lady who kept 20+ bottles of perfume in her bathroom. She mixed and matched every day. It gives me a headache just thinking about it. Is the hug / perfume reference directed to me? You could just tell me, you know. Yeesh.

Anonymous said...

I always thought the general rule for perfume was for "impressing" someone and if you can smell it by just walking by - you have too much on and if the guy can smell it he is too close =)

kristi noser said...

Erin, the hug comment was certainly not directed toward you. I have never hugged you and regretted it.

Carla said...

You summed it all up with one word. Feh.