Saturday, March 17, 2007

Bad Choices

I was cooking breakfast--in my jammies--this morning and our neighbor came walking in the driveway. I told Eli to go get John--who was fully dressed--so he could talk to him. Brent came in and asked John if anyone had been running around our house and making all kinds of noise at 2 this morning, because some children had been wreaking havoc in the neighborhood. John said he hadn't heard anyone, and my stomach clenched. You see, Eli had a friend overnight last night and this is the exact thing they would find hilarious.
John kept talking, and invited Brent upstairs--remember me in my jammies, yikes--and kept talking. When John took Brent in to show him the great room progress, I called Eli into my bedroom and did the confrontation thang. Yep, it was him and his friend that did the deed. I am thankful that I have children who "fess up" when they are caught, and to his credit he did right away. I had him go into the great room and apologize to Brent. Then I made the chore list. I figure, you have enough energy to run around and make noise at 2am, you have enough to do some projects around the house, right? Ah, youth.
Now it is nearing the dinner hour after which Eli will be trotting off to bed. Very soonly after.
Ahhh, early bedtimes for said youth.

Consider it pure joy, my brothers whenever you face trials of many kinds. Because we know that the testing of our faith develops perserverence. --James 1:2-3

7 comments:

Carla said...

I am glad you are walking the path with me. Joshie is 9 going on 13 at the moment. :O

Billiam said...

You are a lot like my Mom. That's the kind of thing she did! Brings back good memories, thanks!

kristi noser said...

You're welcome, Billiam. This summer when you come for the pig roast, I'll have some chores ready for you--heck come a couple of days early!
muuhhhaahaaa

Katie R. said...

It does help to know you can trust your children to "fess-up". I hope it lasts past the "Did you sneak gum?" phase through the running-through-neighbors-yard-at-2am phase. You must be doing something right. Good work!

Billiam said...

Ummm..,.excuse me, do I know you? I musta bumped my head!

Joey said...

You're hilarious Kristi! I love that you post your stories. I don't get to read them as often as I'd like, but I'm switching roles at work and hopefully I'll have a little more time to catch up on the blogging world!

Love you Kristi Noser!!

kristi noser said...

Love you too Joey White!