Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Not Allowed

I was watching "Supernanny" this evening--oh I guess it was yesterday--and a few things came to mind. I like watching that show, one of the few I watch, because she has common sense. She makes it clear to parents whose children are out of control that it is not ok for your child to HIT YOU. Which brings me to the blog subject.

There are many things that are not allowed in this house, things that were never tolerated, and therefore not pursued by the cherubs. Here are a few:

Hitting--I can't stand it when I see parents hit their children in the head, or sibs slapping each other. There is just no reason for this. (I will mention that I am a reformed hitter)

Name Calling--if the name is meant to hurt someone else, nope.

Brussels Sprouts--goes without saying

Black Nail Polish--Hannah tried this one once, only once.

Under 18 Facial Piercing (ears excepted)--after you're of age, feel free to poke holes wherever you want. eeewwww


I'm drawing a blank now--you add some of yours, and I'll remember more later.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Explosive devices of any size.

Bellies hanging out of their clothes. Taylor tried this once..only once.

Removing beer bottle caps using the counter tops.

Bonefish Al said...

Well it's YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE SURE there are bottle openers within Jeff's reach at all times woman!

ummm...did I say that out out? :)

erin said...

-No boys upstairs or anywhere near the bedrooms.
-No curfew, but always tell mom where you are.
-If you've been sitting in the driveway too long, mom will flash the lights until you come in and then feel your lips to see if "they are hot from all the kissing."

Kim N. said...

We do have a few rules and my family (including my husband) follow them perfectly.
1. If a dog, cat, or puppy poops or peas on the floor DO NOT CLEAN it up. Pretend it is not there, walk over it, or whatever you can do so that Mom can clean it up. Moms love this.
2. If Mom is taking a shower please come in and interupt her. Peek at her, ask her a million questions, or better yet ask her to get something for you.
3. If Mom is sick give her lots of attention. Ask for her help, wake her up from a Nap to talk to a tele-marketer. Again this is a good time to ask her to get you something you can't find.

Anonymous said...

Here are a couple more I just remembered:

If your underwear (boxers) are hanging out where I can see them (and when I say "see", I mean "grab"), you are going to get a major wedgie. I'm not kidding. You will be digging those bad boys out for DAYS, I'll be yankin' so hard. You might even find little plaid threads the next day when you FLOSS YOUR TEETH!!

If the pockets on your jeans are even with the bottoms of your butt cheeks, expect everyone in the viewing area to get a good look at your underwear (boxers). Those pants are goin' down. Walmart, the mall, I don't care where...

kristi noser said...

I think I started something here....

Alex, your comment reminds me of a joke.

How many men does it take to open a beer bottle?
None, it should be open when she brings it.

Chauvinsts Unite!

erin said...

Kristi, fun blog for today!

Carla said...

Kim N. needs a blog. Funny girl!

Reegz said...

sideways baseball hats, pets in my house, coming in the bathroom with me, peeing in the bathroom in front of me if you are over 5, sarcasm-because that's my job!