Saturday, October 28, 2006

Home Away

Back at the Heinsch's wonderful "hometel". Did I mention it only took me about two hours to get back from Longboat Key? I told you that car was smooooth at 80. Actually I kept it at about 79--more time in the "gap" that way. I kept to the middle or right lanes because people were passing me like I was standing still. I tried to keep up with one guy and decided that I couldn't when I looked at the speedometer and I was going 95 and he was still pulling ahead of me. Yikes.
Had a good time on the Gulf side, tried to walk some on the beach yesterday, but there is something called "red tide" when the wind whips up some kind of algae out of the water and the sand and it really makes you cough and sneeze, and makes your eyes water. Needless to say we did not stay out very long. Too bad, too, because they live RIGHT ACROSS THE ROAD from the most beautiful beach. But the wind was so strong we were getting sandblasted, not to mention red tided to death. So we went out for pizza, watched a movie, and called it a night.
More to come.....

3 comments:

Carla said...

Get back already! There's no red tide at St. Croix Beach. OH,AND SLOW DOWN!

kristi noser said...

Well I do have to drive to Jacksonville on Monday...

kristi noser said...

Honestly, Karli, I think if I went the speed limit I would get pasted to the guardrail!