Tuesday, September 05, 2006

SchoolBowl

Remember those shows on KSTP years ago that had two teams of three teens or college-age people and they would compete? Shew, dating myself there.
Today is SchoolBowl at the Noser house. 635am, I can hear my children upstairs getting ready for the first day of school. They haven't been up this early for months! Eli, usually a difficult getter-upper, bounded out of bed when I told him if he slept in he was going to have to ride the bus instead of riding with Hannah. "BUS EVIL! EVIL BUS!" was his response. Wonder how he would handle having to milk the cows before he got to go to school....
That's the school part. The bowl part is--bowling starts today as well. Off I go to Stillwater to hit the lanes. I'm remembering last year, I got to bowl one week before I tore my Achilles tendon and had to take half the year off. I'll probably have a better average this year, ya think?
We shall see.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool! That means it's time for me to start gathering up clean jokes for you to tell to your teammates! Yea!

Anonymous said...

Oh, and, by the way, I remember only one thing about those KSTP bowl games - the black horn-rimmed glasses. Every team had at least one person who wore 'em. Maybe they handed them out backstage and instructed one player to put them on, or they'd be disqualified...

erin said...

Hey--how did bowling go???

Joey said...

ooh, did someone say bowling? and can I go? ;)

good luck to ya kristi noser!

kristi noser said...

Sure you can go Joey, but it is a ladies' league, so it would require you to wear a skirt.

I did ok, first day to set average you don't really want to do the greatest, but I got 132, 132, 154. My avg is 158, so not awesome, but ok for the first day.