Thursday, September 07, 2006

Too Much

It's been a pretty crazy week, and I am really swamped, so I'm gonna dump on Y'all. I know I'm overstressed when I start typing stuff and realize I am crying. So as the stress tears roll I'll tell you about my week.
The work at church is going well. Things come my way and I take care of them as needed. But then the color copier goes down, and of course I was using it at the time, so I have guilt! But the brochures went in the mail anyway--not pretty, but the info is out.
My Palm pilot has disappeared, and I can't for the life of me think of where it could be. The last time I used it was either at home or in the car, and I have searched both places to no avail. Then I went to the desk this am to burn Popper's book onto CDs for him and my jump drive is gone. Now I'm wondering if we have a thief.
Another slam is that the church has decided to nix all of the Discover cards we had. "We're going back to the old way" I was told. This at the time when I do most of my purchasing for the various programs I head. Not a happy camper.
Wait--there's more! My washer died this week, not that that was a surprise, we got it 5 years ago at an auction for $40. But I found one on Craig's List for $25, and then John talked to the neighbor who had a washer and dryer set for free (!) the washer just needs some kind of part--John found out which one, but the thing is in the garage in all kinds of pieces. So what to do? Buy the washer from the Craig's list person? Then I have three washers (one of which works--maybe) I just don't know.
I have given this all up to God and will wait and see how it turns out. Meanwhile I'm off to work to do more copying! If we have a meeting I'll probably miss it--all my stuff was in my little metal brain!

5 comments:

erin said...

I'm so sorry! You can only accomplish so much in a day...do what you can, and I promise, the rest will still be there tomorrow! Just do one thing at a time, and make a list! There's nothing more satisfying than crossing things off a list!

Carla said...

Praying for you! So great to see your smiling face this morning!

kristi noser said...

Good to see you too, Karli. I really needed that!

Anonymous said...

Feel free to load up and come to my house to do your laundry! It'll only take ten minutes...! :)

Love ya! Prayin' for ya!

Anonymous said...

This must be "Dump Stress on the McKinney Girls" week.

Hangin' on by the fingernails.