Sunday, August 13, 2006

Yellow Liver

There is a bar not far from our house that features bands every weekend. It's called the Willow River Inn, but from all the alcohol poured, and all the "yes I've had a few too many" people that imbibe there, we call it the Yellow Liver.
Last night John, Jeffrey and I went to hear "Midlife Crisis", a band fronted by one of our friends. These guys were really great. The bassist and vocalist is a music man from years and years back, hence the name, and really knows his tunes. The sweet thing about this band is that they don't stop playing for the whole set. They go from one song right into the next, and really well. They kept the dance floor full the whole night. Most importantly, they were not screamingly loud. Loud enough, but not painful. I really can't stand bands that crank the speakers up so loud that your ears are ringing for an hour after you leave the place.
We played some pool, Jeffrey was king of the table, and had a lot of fun. John's already got the calendar marked for Nov. when they play there again. He said he could just listen to them all night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love live music. Please invite me in Nov. Or, did I just invite myself? Or, I could just show up. Here I go again, perseverating.

kristi noser said...

That is so cool that you said that! I was going to invite you! Pat, you're gonna love them.
Perseverate away, baby