Monday, August 14, 2006

Sufficient

Had an interesting day today. A lady called me and needed someone to talk to, was really having a hard time with life, and so I listened. She was not exactly in her most sober condition ifyouknowwhatimean. I listened until she said that God's grace was not sufficient to keep her sober. Then it was my turn to talk. I did my best impersonation of an AA sponsor. I told her what she needed to hear, although she did not like it very much. As a matter of fact she called me a fatass (how did she know?). I told her she could call me all the names she wanted to, she was not going to hurt my feelings, and I was not going to mince words with her and tell her something that was not true. I was nice, but firm with her, something that in the long run made her grateful she had called.
Well it all ended up well, her being my new friend and all. I hope I get to meet her someday and give her a squeeze.
This should have been a Kristi Rule, but I think it should go without saying:
Don't ever think you can get away with telling me God's grace is not sufficient to handle ANY of your issues. Don't ever think that I will be quiet if you do tell me that. You are going to get an earful. And don't expect me to agree with you if you are having problems of your own making, and blame God for your choices.

8 comments:

Carla said...

I am so very proud of you! You spoke her language and Gods!

Unknown said...

I laughed but at the same time you make me very proud for hanging in there and telling this person what she needed to hear.

kristi noser said...

Thanks Pat and Carla
Love,
Dr. Laura

Anonymous said...

Great job Kristi, keep up the good work!

Joey said...

Wow, I actually laughed out loud at "(how did she know?)". Your take on life is hilarious sometimes! Very serious at others though. Good stuff Kristi Noser!

kristi noser said...

thanks Joey White

erin said...

Yeah, good job, Kristi Noser. It's always interesting talking God with someone under the influence. : )

Joey said...

You're welcome Kristi Noser.

(By the way, my mom is planning to be in church tomorrow at 10:30 and at softball at 7 on Monday. FYI.)