Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Miss Teen USA

Hannah watched this tonight (I could only stand it for a few minutes)--for the shock value if nothing less. Her statement was,"Y'know what is so sick about this mom? That this is these girls' LIFE!"
Yes, this is true. These poor sticks--uh, I mean girls (really, if you would have put a corn-dog on their head you could sell them at the state fair) have been working toward this moment all their life. Kinda sick if you ask me. But whatever.
Miss Montana won, not that you could tell the difference between who belonged to Montana and who belonged to New York, New Jersey, Alaska, etc. I realize that these girls are all individuals, but they all looked pretty much the same to me. The one redeeming thing I have to say about this competition was that they did not have the girls dress in really revealing clothing. Pretty modest for today's standards. Admirable. But I would be ok if this kind of waste-of-time-tv never happened again. All those women competitions are just junk in my opinion. Unless they are going to build a hot rod or chopper for their talent. That might be worth watching, but only if they're wearing coveralls. With their name above the pocket.


Happy Birthday Trav-O-Blaster!

1 comment:

Kate said...

My husband was getting away from the BOB commercial and ended up on the "pagent". They were dressed pretty skimpy if ya asked me. What happened to the one piece suit? Ok, this is gonna sound either hateful or envious... or both, but odds are, all those skinny little girls are gonna end up old and fat! :)