Sunday, August 13, 2006

Pierce Co Fair

Yes! More fairspeak!
Last night Kelli and I took the cherubs to the Pierce Co. Fair. Not, I will remind you, to EVER be confused with the Polk County State Fair, which is our favorite by far. This fair is smaller, but just as expensive. Ohmystars. If you remember, we went to the PCSF without children. Well let me tell you, they increase the spending margin by about 75%. I brought what I thought was to be overly sufficient money. Yeah, right. I neglected to factor in that the bigger rides this year are $4.50! We tried our hardest to get them to ride the beep-beep cars, but to no avail.
They had a ride that I had never seen before. We dubbed it the Superman ride. You laid down on your stomach on a three-across-sling-type-contraption, and sailed in the air. That was the fave. Hannah and Taylor went on the cage ferris wheel, spun around and around, and the change in Hannah's pockets went a-flyin'! She said she could hear it clinking through the bars. Oh, well, make a wish.
Went to the China Moon in River Falls for dinner, and came home tired but happy.
I think our fairs are done for the year, maybe we'll go to the MSF, but I'm not sure. Really? There's corn dogs? Well alright then! Let's go!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pierce County Fair sorely lacking in Mini-Donut stands, I noticed. Oughtta write a letter...

erin said...

MMM...corn dogs...

Anonymous said...

Erin, the corn dogs were the bomb!

Joey said...

The China Moon in RF...always a college student's best friend!

Anonymous said...

I, too, was at the PC fair and my highlight and Ray of Hope was to see over 40+ kids had entered the target shooting category. Dang, they were good too! Word of advice, do not mess around with kids from Pierce County or they'll blast your hinnie off!
Kettle corn...the only way to go.........