Monday, June 08, 2009

Jump! Jump! Jump!

Van Halen? Good guess, but no.

Wednesday as Kelli and I were delivering papers at a gas station there was a youngish guy in the parking lot trying to start his car. Well with my extensive (hehheh) knowledge if the inner workings of an automobile, I discerned that there was an issue with the battery.
Ok, anyone walking by could have discerned as much, really, this one was a no-brainer.
I asked him if he wanted a jump--yes I keep jumper cables in my car--and he was happy for the help.
"Does the positive one go on the red?"
Now right here I could easily go into a tirade about fathers not teaching their children, but I will not.
You're welcome.
I told him "Yep!" and hooked up my car to the cables.
I walked around the car to give 'er a rev and Kelli, who had finished delivering at that point and was doing the paperwork yelled, "There's smoke! We've got SMOKE!"
Indeed the poor guy's battery had seen it's last day as a integral part of the inner workings of an automobile. Never a good thing to see smoke coming out of your battery.
"Gotcherself a bad battery there, Junior." I so kindly (ha) told him.
"Thanks anyway." he said.
And we were off. I wish I would have remembered that there is an auto parts store a couple of blocks away, I could have given him a ride. Bummer.

4 comments:

Kelli said...

I think we made a pretty good team. You troubleshoot and I state the obvious.

kristi noser said...

works for me.

Carla said...

Reminds me of Woody...Plus is positive, minus is negative!!

Keithslady said...

My sister's wedding recessional was Van Halen's "Jump", played by Dana the piano!