Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Times They Are A Changin'

Today Pops and I were sitting at the kitchen table and "Saved By The Bell" came on TV. Remember that show? Bowl haircuts, long sweaters, leggings and high top Reebok tennies? Big hair. Oh my. Seriously big hair.
Zach was trying to hit on a girl that had been stranded because her car had a flat and she was waiting for the pay phone.
"Oh! You can use mine!" he said. (or words to that effect)
And he proceeded to run to the table and grab a cellphone that was as big as a car. No kidding, you could put wheels on the thing and drive it to work.
Now, that show wasn't that long ago, and today you can get a cell phone so small you can wear it on your ear. Pretty soon people will be implanting them. You can get a road atlas that fits in a 3x3 space on the dash of your car. You can get a computer that looks like a small book.
Which makes me think of something:
Remember when hand-held TVs were all the rage? Now it's the TVs that are big as a car.
I just can't keep up.

7 comments:

erin said...

Actually, I think you were one of the original "Green" families with your wood stove. I think that makes you WAY ahead of the times.
-Mom & Erin

Keithslady said...

I love the irony.

Carla said...

I think phones back then were used for communication and self defense. Multipurpose!!

Kara Jo said...

Ha!

kristi noser said...

I agree with Carla, they probably used the phone as a weapon--the hair too.

LadyD said...

Ya, I agree with the hair weapon, I could have knocked out any bad guy with my big, hard bangs. Like a hammer head shark.

Katie R. said...

That's funny, but so true.