Monday, December 15, 2008

On Saturday I went to a wedding reception for a girl whose family I had not seen in ten years. What is so cool is that we didn't have to "catch up" hardly at all. We jumped right in like we had seen each other yesterday. It was awesome to see how the children had grown, and how they had taken over their own lives. I got to see a man--wow, the last time I saw him was 14 years ago and he was 12. Now he is an exceptional artist and musician.

Teej, Jezzmo, Caitlinbopper, and Nonners (aka Johnjel), I am so proud of the people you have become. I hope to see a lot more of you in the future.
Mona, thanks for coming across the room when I came through the door and the "never let go" hug. Made my day.
Someday we'll sit on a park bench together like the "old friends" in the song.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The night went so fast, I could have used "10 more minutes"!

As far as the bench.... name it and I will be there!
Mona (pool queen extraordinare)

Anonymous said...

mom, you've inspired me to listen to s&g for the last couple of days. mmm. genuinely good music.

Anonymous said...

wait which baby got married??
--lauren