Saturday, November 08, 2008

Overnight Boy

My nephew Jacob came to stay overnight last night. True to form, at bedtime he started wailing for his mom. I know he was over-dramatizing when he was crying, stopped and looked at the clock and said,"It's 29 minutes to nine o'clock."
I guess if you can stop your crying and do that kind of math at 5 years old, you're doing ok.
A lot of times he works himself up into a puking frenzy and I wanted to be there for him if that happened; I gave him a bowl.
"Now if you need to use this before you can calm yourself you go ahead." I said as I sat there on the bed.
He stopped crying, a quizzical look on his face, "What will I do when it gets full?"

3 comments:

erin said...

LOL!!!
I guess I have to ask what you had for dinner...

Kim N. said...

I could share my medication with him. Call me before he come next time.

kristi noser said...

How about you share your medication with ME?