Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The Letter

I sent a letter to the parents of one of the boys who hurt Eli on the bus. I can't believe they never made their son come to our house and apologize, or write a letter and apologize.
Yesterday at work one of the boys in the program that day opened the fire alarm box. This is a box that covers the actual alarm, and makes a horrible noise when opened. The "perp" opens the box, and gets what he/she came for--noise. All without causing a false alarm.
The boy's mother had him in to apologize within minutes. I sat there and tried not to cry. I wish all parents got it. Raise your children not to hurt other people, and when they do make them own up to it. How hard is that? I know, we have had our trials with our children, I know how hard it is. Let me tell you however, if a child of mine hurts another person be it on purpose or by mistake, he/she is at their door the same day saying they're sorry. Common sense, right? Sheesh.

7 comments:

Carla said...

One would think it is common sense. Sadly, no.

Carla said...

What surprise? Heehee

Shauna Loves Chocolate said...

The hard part is trying to explain to your kid why they have to live under different rules than other kids.

Carla said...

We all have the same rules. We choose to obey.

Kim N. said...

How about the parents that will not believe that their child did anything at all. We just dealt with that. Mikale owned up to his end of the conflict but the other child would not. This Parent thing is way harder than I ever thought it would be.

erin said...

I'm really sorry, Kristi. I'm frustrated for you.

kristi noser said...

Ok, they came and apologized Thursday night. The mom was crying and the boy was trying hard not to laugh. I don't think we are done with him yet...