Monday, February 05, 2007

Football Freak

Yesterday afternoon we spent some time with my sister Kelli and her family. We had our first annual Super Bowl party. No, we have never had a Super Bowl party before. Never. Well not in my memory anyway.
Kelli's son Collin has developed an interest in all things football, and Kelli has jumped on the football wagon. With both feet. And hands. And voice.
My sister has become a football freak.
It was really fun to watch her and the fierce loyalty she has for her favorite Payton Manning. I don't think I have ever heard her yell that loud about anything, much less a football game. Fierce--let me explain fierce. I "yay-ed" at a catch one of the Bears made--hey, I appreciate any good play, right? She told me to leave. Like I said, fierce.
I loved it.
I usually watch the Super Bowl for the commercials. They are the best of the year, and are worth sitting through a football game.
Next year, I look forward to sitting on Kelli's couch and watching her. Oh, and the game.

3 comments:

Brandy Dopkins said...

I know about the fierce thing. When Paul and I watch together he gets so mad when I get happy over a good play by the wrong team.

I'm just thinking, wow, good job. I bet it's hard to play pro ball and that just took some skill or guts or both.

We're like the Pollyanas of football watching- and I say "good for you, mommers"

Anonymous said...

I used to be a mild-mannered football watcher, too. Could walk out in the middle of a game and read a book, take a walk, whatever. No more.

Come over to the dark side, my friends, there is still much to learn...heh heh heh.

Reegz said...

I love it! I especially loved how Tony Dungy gave all the glory to the Lord!!!!!