Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Whoop De Do!

New Year's Eve has come and gone. Remember when that was a really big deal? I mean a REALLY BIG DEAL. We waited for the day to come, stayed up all night--or as long as our parents would let us--and made up for it the next day, no sweat. I remember one time staying up with our parents, having fondue and games. That was a good time. When I got older and was out on my own, New Year's Eve continued to be a BIG DEAL. I just can't seem to remember why....oh yeah, the drinking thing. Many a New Year's Eve passed, and so did I--out that is. What a stupid way to spend a night.
Now we go to a friend's or stay home and our children try to keep us awake until the magic-ball-dropping-hour. We have games and fun and if someone has planned ahead, blow noisemakers and wear funny hats.
Poppers and I were musing that this year was Hannah's first NYE on her "own". She went to the SOS playhouse for a movie party, then came home to get some stuff so she could stay overnight at a friend's house. Wow, she's getting too big.
Oh, I could ramble for a long time. But I won't.
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

No comments: