Sunday, January 21, 2007

Not So Much Fun At Church

I walked into the church building today and was immediately accosted by three people needing things. Brandy saw me and said, "Hey Mom, your people are freakin'."
So what was my reaction? Not what I'd want to see if I was freaking, let me tell you.
"Well, let's not worship, let's work." I said snottily.
I finished the things people needed, went into the auditorium, sat down and proceeded to get slapped soundly upside the head.
Haugie's sermon today was on the servanthood of Jesus. How he was humble enough, even though he is God, to wash the disciples' feet. A King, washing the feet of men.
Woah.
You can believe I was asking for forgiveness all through that sermon, and apologizing to Brandy after the service!
I am a humbler, kinder Kristi because of this morning's message, and the love and humility of my Lord.
Help me Lord, to be a kinder servant for your people.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I want to say something but I don't know what to say...other than I love ya Kristi!

kristi noser said...

Thanks Pat.

NoOtherName said...

What would life be without a good head-slappin' every once in a while?
I love you, too, Kristi!