Thursday, January 04, 2007

Looking Forward

Sunday is our women's program at church. The free night one. I always look forward to this one for a couple of reasons. The first being that I don't have to work in the kitchen until February. Don't get me wrong, I really love to work in the kitchen, but after the December program, I still need some time to recover! Thank you to the brains that thought up the January free night.
Karli and I are planning on dyeing her hair on free night. she is also looking forward to learning from more experienced makeuppers how to properly apply eyeshadow. Doesn't that sound like fun? This amongst the card games, Catch Phrase games, Scrabble games and on and on.

Which brings me to a subject.
I do not wear makeup. I look like I look, and if you don't like it, oh well. Makeup is just something I have never taken the time to learn, had the desire to learn, or really wanted to bother with. (I know--preposition) I entered in the makeup universe once in jr. high, and when I was asked repeatedly if I had a black eye, decided that it wasn't my thing.
I am blessed to have been matched well with a man who could care less if I wear makeup or not. I was once asked by a good friend to attend a Mary Kay party. I thought--ok, I can have someone else put the junk on for me and I'll learn how, right?
Well.
I went, got made up, and itched all the way home, walked into the living room and asked Poppers, "Well, what do you think?"
His response was, "I think you want to go wash your face."
Boy was he right.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm..I, too, got the "black eye" comment once when I wore makeup to work at the factory (Pearson's). The questioner was a female of the male persuasion, ifyaknowwhatImean. Anyway, she shut right up after I punched her. In the eye.

Carla said...

Kandi is tough enough!!!
Are you coming for ExStream makeovers on Sunday??

erin said...

Can I come?

Anonymous said...

Ya wanna know what makes me itch all over? Getting that "up close and personal" with 150 other women...

AAAHHHHH!

You go, girls!

Carla said...

Erin..be there!! Kelli..be there!! (the mostest we ever have is 20.)

Anonymous said...

Come play with us, Kelli. It really is a light crowd...lots of laughin and carrying on.

kristi noser said...

Yep, I think a little infusion of McKinney laffs is just the right thing for tonight.
Who could ask for anything more? Oh, and Karli, ExStream makeover--good one!

erin said...

I'm sorry I missed it! I was celebrating my anniversary with my man. : )