Thursday, November 02, 2006

Costumes

While reading about all the costumes people decided to put on their children, selves, dogs, etc., I had such wonderful memories.
I used to make a lot of their costumes when H&E were young. One year I found some material that looked exactly like corn kernels and Hannah went out for Halloween as a cob of corn. They have dressed as clowns, a flower, (Brandy made that one) scarecrows, and many others. I loved making those costumes. I didn't buy the patterns at the store, just went with what was in my head.
We used to have a "Harvest Festival" at church and we would go to that first, and trick-or-treat at houses of neighbors on the way home.
I kinda miss that, y'know?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

My children also got to benefit from Kristi's imagination. Zoro, spider, ballerina, clown, and scarecrows. I think next year we'll make a costume for the Wicked Witch of the East (yeah, the squished one). Cardboard box house, red and white tights, red sparkly shoes. My dilemma? Who gets to wear it? Taylor, Collin or Shannon??

Carla said...

Feel free to live vicariously through the Stream chillers. I have many moons of tricksortreatsin ahead of me!!

Anonymous said...

My personal favorite costume was the year I was Wonder Woman. I made silver wrist bands out of tin foil. I don't remember what I did for the truth lasso...I could use one of those now on my children. Look at me..I'm online! :)

Billiam said...

I dressed up as a truck driver. I didn't get ANY candy. Next time, I'll use the chain-drive wallet. Maybe a cowboy hat.

kristi noser said...

How about a CB microphone strapped to your chest?

Anonymous said...

Or you could just drive the rig INTO the front door, lay on the air horn and yell "Trick or Treat" out the cab window! That'd get their attention.

Billiam said...

Good suggestions, all! Although, the company I drive for might get slightly vexed with me, were I to drive the truck into a house. I don't see why, but then, that's me.. lol