Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Soldier

Hey you bloggers! I have a challenge--or a request if you will. Here is the address of one of my favorite boys-turned-into-men-friends. He is in boot camp training to be a Marine. No! he is not a Marine! (the "rules for letter writing" letter made that quite clear) If you could send him a letter, it would make his day. You can imagine what his days are like right now. Just a letter, no extra stuff is necessary. They frown on care packages, letters with extra added flair (ie: sprayed with perfume) and stuff like that, as the other boots make life miserable for the receiver.
I am going to try to send him a letter a day--throwing in some blogs as well.
Give it a go, willya? I think it would be cool if he got letters from people he didn't even know, supporting him.

Recruit Lairson, David
1st BN BRAVO CO., Platoon 1027
39011 Midway Avenue
San Diego, CA 92140-1027

Thanks friends!

4 comments:

erin said...

I just wrote him a letter. I told him all about the weather here, where I work, and my dog. I also included a joke of the day.
Boy, I'm a thrill-a-minute.
Watch out! You never know what I might do next...

kristi noser said...

Thank you Erin, you don't know how glad you made me. I'm so glad you're my daughter. (that oughta make 'em think, huh?)

Carla said...

Just sent it off!! :)

kristi noser said...

Thanks Karli