Thursday, August 24, 2006

BSD

It's Bumper Sticker Day!

Saw a couple I liked today. One was one of those white window-sticker-types. It had a man and a woman silhouette, and at the bottom read, "Straight Pride". Loved it.

The other one was, "I love poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick."
Now that's funny.

Here's my all-time favorite: "Illiterate? Write for free help!"

Oh, and while we're on the subject, how long is too long for a political bumper sticker to be on a car after the election? I say two weeks. I'm all for voting conservative, but lose the Dubya stickers already.

9 comments:

cmk said...

LOL--I'm still seeing bumper stickers for the 2000 election! ENOUGH!

Kate said...

Ok, so it took me a while to remove mind. Meant I'd have to take my car to get it washed, and I'm just too lazy to do that. :) But, I did finally get my W Stand for Women one off.

Reegz said...

I mean really, what WOULD Wellstone do ( I know senator)? AND, does W....still president count?

Carla said...

Guilty as charged. The dubya stickers should go. I'm just too busy napping.

kristi noser said...

Get off the couch woman! See you this afternoon--I'm looking forward to giving you a squeeze.

Bonefish Al said...

I still have a "Don't Attack Iraq" bumper sticker on my guitar case. I guess it might be time to lose that one.

kristi noser said...

Yeah, maybe.

NoOtherName said...

Hey, backoff! As for me, it's not that I'm actually proud to have 2-year-old election bumper stickers on the back of my mint-condition 97 Voyager, it's just that I have better things to do than scrape them off!

Actually, how do you get them off?

Joey said...

Goo Gone. Or you can use a razor blade if it's on the window. The window is the best place for stickers because they often peel right off with no problem.

My Bush sticker was covered up within a month after the last election. It was more or less a case of, "Vote for him" accompanied with a quick, "But you don't have to like him."