Thursday, May 25, 2006

Boof The Song

Alex, you knew I'd blog on this sooner or later. My apologies for you having to take yet another hit on this one, but it's the best one I know.

We've all done it, all heard it done. Someone singing the wrong lyrics to a well-known song. We've all heard CCR's "There's a Bathroom on the Right", and Hendrix's "'Scuse Me, While I Kiss This Guy". But I have witnessed the best, fellow bloggers, and I thought I'd tell you the story so you can give grief where grief is due at the pig roast.

Alex, when he was young, and by that I mean 13 or 14, was a big fan of heavy metal music. I don't know if I've heard a RATT song since then (has anyone?), but I heard a lot of them when he was in jr. high. I was a fan of the tamer type of metal, Van Halen, AC/DC, those types of bands in my BC years, so when he came in singing a song from AC/DC, I knew the lyrics to it. And what I heard was not what they (I would say who wrote it, but I knew the music, not the artists) had written.
"Dirty deeds, thunder chief" was what I heard.
"What are you singing?"
"Dirty Deeds, Thunder Chief."
"Who sings that song?" I asked him, knowing full well who it was.
"AC/DC."
"And what is the song about?"
"I dunno, some Indian guy."

When I told him the lyrics were "dirty deeds, done dirt cheap" he argued with me. I KNOW! Trust me, I can't make up stuff like this.
"No, really, Alex, it's 'done dirt cheap'."
If I remember right he went and asked his friends what the lyrics were before he would believe me. And to his credit, if you hear the song and put in the words "thunder chief" it fits.
Needless to say we have had years and years of "fun" torturing him about his gaffe. He will never live that one down. I fully believe, and desire, that he will sing this to me on my deathbed so I can have one last smile here on earth. Willya Al? Promise?

9 comments:

Reegz said...

Sara, I am telling you for the last time it's "I ain't about to bawl." Not-"hang up the phone." On Dixie Chics "let it rip." AND No Kristi, I haven't heard a RATT-"OUT OF THE CELLAR" song for years. Will you be playing that at the Pig Roast? Can we do Karaoke?

kristi noser said...

Um, No and NO

Anonymous said...

Wrapped up like a *what*? Another *what* in the night?

Hold me closer, Tony Danza...

Anonymous said...

who's got that cd case I want to see the printed lyrics!!! That is so hilarious, I was laughing so hard and still am thinking of funny memories....YIKES:) gosh too bad I threw that cd away.

kristi noser said...

Erin, I never heard the Tony Danza one--Funny!
As far as Manfred Man goes--they could have been saying a number of things...all of them scary

kristi noser said...

Just like a one-wing dove, sings a song, sounds like she's singin'

Carla said...

Thanks for de gum. All day I have heard nothing from Nafe except, "Me, gum? Me, gum?" You are enabling his addiction.

Carla said...

STEVIE NICKS ROCKS!
Rhiannon rings like a something something and wouldn't love to something. She something something something..

rt said...

My personal favorite is Reverend Blue Jeans.