Monday, June 13, 2011

Wedding Sneak Away

This post shall be subtitled "Take Your Medicine"
On Saturday my friends John and Jessy got married. A beautiful ceremony and two lovely people and lovers of God. An excellent combination.
However I am not here to talk about the wedding, although I loved it.
Since there was time between the service and the reception, a few of us decided to sneak across the street for a quick drink.
I always order a "Mike and Morgan" which is a drink a friend of mine made up. It is a bottle of Mike's Hard Lemonade, and a shot of the Good Captain on the side. A glass of ice, and voila'! You have a refreshing and tasty libation.
Well.
The drink itself is not exactly what is so funny, but the fact that the shot of Captain came to me in a cup not unlike the ones you see atop a new bottle of cough syrup.
Really?
I guess at this bar, an ounce is an ounce. Exactly.
So I took my medicine like a good girl. Didn't even need the spoonful of sugar.

2 comments:

Joey said...

You beat me to it! I was thinking of doing a post on our little shindig too. It was a good time. Thanks Kristinoser!

kristi noser said...

You are so welcome Joeywhite (a man who drinks faster than I--quite an accomplishment)