Monday, April 18, 2011

In-SUREASIF-ance

Eli got his license on Friday. Since he has been driving our cars since the age of 8, pretty much knows what he is doing, and did a great job on the test.
However.
Not such a great worker in school, he doesn't qualify for the "good student" discount.
But I never thought in my wildest dreams it would be so bad.
DOUBLE. Double the amount for 6 months.
Oh my stars.
I will be saying goodbye to my current company and hello to Progressive.
The Good Hands will no longer be digging in my wallet.

4 comments:

Can do mom said...

Ouch! So far Emily has gotten the good student discount. I guess I'll have to inform her that her college grades better "make the grade" or she can pay the difference! Yet another reason to hit the books, huh?

rt said...

Bummer! Could be worse. In Minnesota (maybe WI too) the ins co can put the most insurable person on the most insurable vehicle! I worked with a guy who owned a vintage Corvette and when his 16 yr old son got his license guess what happened? The corvette got sold.

Carla said...

Wow!!

kathaleend said...

You finally get over this problem when you are empty nesters. Hang in there.