Saturday, March 12, 2011

New Space

This weekend we made preparations to switch Eli to the basement bedroom. Over the past few months John kept hinting at this change and I kept putting him off. Well, I guess he was tired of being put off. On Wednesday when I got home from papers, all of Eli's stuff was in the guest bedroom, and prep was underway for painting his "old" bedroom.
Since I don't do change well, I was quite upset at this GIANT change. Not only did it mean work and cleaning--neither of these I do well--but it was, well, change. GAG.
Hannah came over and helped paint on Thurs night, and I finished on Friday and the moving commenced.
A little background that any quilter will understand...
I have a lot of fabric. No, really. A lot. The room Eli wants was half full of assorted quilting supplies and other sewing junk.
He had to move it all--hey, he wants the room, right?
After the seventh trip up the stairs laden with bags and boxes of various fabric cuts, scraps, and bins full of pieces I just can't throw away, this is what I heard.
"Mom? No more cloth for you."
How could he possibly understand?

4 comments:

cmk said...

My Youngest ALWAYS gives me the "No more_______" speech. Some of the things I'M not allowed to get any more of include: books, tote bags, shoes, material...well, too many to list, actually. :D

I don't do change well, either. If you aren't in the corner curled up in the fetal position, you are doing quite well, my dear. :D

Kelli said...

You can never have enough cloth. Never. Just the way it is.

idnak said...

I'm gonna bring over a few bolts for ya...

Reegz said...

No cloth 4 u!!