Monday, November 15, 2010

Surprise!!

My friend Karen is a stealth do gooder. I asked her if she was going to be able to go to retreat last week and she said no, that she had a care ministry project, and she was going to be busy. Little did I know that project was going to be us.
A little background:
Our kitchen floor was in deplorable condition. The wood underneath was shifting and the shifting caused cracking, which over time caused holing. Seemed every time we had saved money to fix it, the car would break or something urgent would suck the resources. Whatevs, just a kitchen floor, right?
Here is what I came home to on Saturday night:
and this.
Beauty, huh?

Karen had gotten a bunch of friends together and along with John had replaced our floor in a matter of hours. Whatta group of great friends. Thank you to all of you for a marvelous gift!





6 comments:

Kandi said...

Wow - that's beauty! A very nice change...although I, for one, will miss the 1980's linoleum.

Carla said...

LOVE!!

Can do mom said...

SAH-WEET!!! Big thumbs up to Karen and her crew! :)

erin said...

Wonderful!!!

heidi heinsch said...

double like

Anonymous said...

Amazing..I knew ! I kept a secret. Let's just celebrate that, too, shall we? :) Yeah, Karen!!
me again..zcoffeegirl