Saturday, October 30, 2010

Political Games

Yesterday I got an automated call from someone who claimed they worked for a political party, who had an "exclusive" recording of a Q&A call to a politician from the opposite party.
Generally I do not listen to those calls and hang up, or erase them immediately from my machine. I was intrigued, however and listened a bit. The caller (recording) then played a BADLY dubbed recording of a candidate "answering" a question that went something like this:
Q: Do you believe in ______
A: No, I do not believe that.
Q: Do you think that_______
A: No I do not.

It might have been believable if the tone and inflection of both answers had not been exactly the same and obviously stolen from the same sound bite, or if they had dubbed the answer into the recording without a pause, dead, pause.
There may have been more questions, but at that point I was sickened at the gall of some people to trash someone's reputation just for a vote.

I believe if this kind of "politics" is necessary, the party in question is running scared. Pretty dirty trick if you ask me.

1 comment:

Kandi said...

I'm sorry. I won't leave those messages again.