Friday, September 03, 2010

New Friends

Yesterday Eli came home with a couple of new boys to the neighborhood. They stayed through supper and about 8:30 their mom called.
"Hi, this is ________. We just moved in with my mom and dad in the neighborhood and my boys are somewhere and we can't find them. They were supposed to call me at 5:30 and I haven't heard from them. Have you seen them? They did say they met a 'cool' boy at the bus stop, I just don't know his name." (the mom of Eli smiles)
"Yeah, they've been here all evening."
"May I talk to ______?"
You can imagine the conversation.

Turns out the mom is a girl who grew up here, knew Brandy and Alex and knew our house was the place boys go to shoot things, ride go carts and the like. Lucky call.

I guess they didn't get into too much trouble, because they are back here today. Welcome to the neighborhood, gentlemen.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

You are the Kool-Aid mom.