Sunday, April 05, 2009

Packrat Poppers

It is sometimes a good--a really good--thing to have a packrat husband.
The other day I put dinner in the oven to bake and a half an hour later I couldn't remember the oven beeping to indicate that the desired temperature had been achieved. I opened the oven and only the top element was working. I touched the lower element--don't try this at home--and it was cold. I jiggled it a bit and saw that it was broken in the back.
I had a bit of a panic.
Having a broken oven a week before a ton of people come for Easter dinner is not a good thing.
I called John to come and take a look at it and he said he would be able to fix it --"I might have one of those in the garage."
Oh come on now.
Sure enough, he came in with one in hand. I now have an oven that works, and a husband who was happy to hear "I guess keeping everything is not such a bad thing" come out of my mouth.

4 comments:

heidi heinsch said...

Only at the Nosers!

erin said...

Love that Poppers!

Kara Jo said...

He JUST HAPPENED to have an oven heating element in the garage?! Bahahaha!!!! Wade would get a kick out of this one.

lagirl said...

My husband is a packrat too...From my mouth to your ear, "NEVER admit it is good they have saved something". It only encourages their bad, messy, habit...But I am glad you got the oven fixed. Woo Hoo!