Friday, July 11, 2008

Cheers And Jeers

On Saturday in the St. Paul paper there is a section called "Cheers and Jeers" It is an opinion-type section where people can write in and praise people or, well, not.

Here's my Jeer and Cheer for the day:

Jeers to the drunks that cut the ropes and stole my husband's canoe right off the top of his car while he was working. He came out of work all ready for his fishing trip and no boat. Since the story spread through the entire factory in about three minutes, many people will be watching for it, if you're ever on the lake and someone pushes you out of our boat, you'll know why.

Cheers to Chad who knew of an abandoned canoe buried in the grass out by the lake on their property and helped John go out and find it. Thank you!

6 comments:

erin said...

That's TERRIBLE!
How do you know they were drunks ands not just @$$holes?

LadyD said...

They cut the rope crooked, and left beer cans on the ground?

kristi noser said...

ok I ASSumed I figure anyone out at two am....

kristi noser said...

I guess I coulda said "skunks" 'cause they sure did stink.

Katie R. said...

Ya know that sound you make when something is "unfair" and you click your tongue off the roof of your mouth? I just did that. How mean, poor John. That DOES stink.

theswamphare said...

See, the thing is that when you steal something it will fail you just when you need it the most; We'll find John's canoe when we read about a double-drowning.

I will have an alibi, BTW and if I'm accused of drowning them I will deny it and make counter-accusations.